From: Pamela Harnden <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 30 May, 2011 3:42:26
Subject: Nicotine patches in pregnancy

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is any other research around the safety of nicotine
patches in pregnancy or if the outcome of the SNAP trial has been published?
I have have come across the study protocol but I haven't seen if there are any
results.

Coleman, T., Thornton, J., Britton, J., Lewis, S., Watts, K., Coughtrie, M. W.,
et al. (2007). Protocol for the smoking, nicotine and pregnancy (SNAP) trial:
double-blind, placebo-randomised, controlled trial of nicotine replacement
therapy in pregnancy. BMC Health Serv Res, 7, 2.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1472-6963-7-2.pdf

Cheers

Pam Harnden
Honorary Research Fellow & Research Assistant Melbourne University
Health E Learning Consultancy
Web: http://midwifepam.wikispaces.com
Phone: +61 431 259 755
Skype: pamela.harnden