An excellent time to review your training needs - sign up for May's fantastic line up of courses

Well there has been a lot going on hasn't there?  Royal weddings and bank holidays aside we've all been leaping in to the new financial year mindful of a range of challenges.  Challenges which might become easier to deal with given an injection of Creating Capacity's tailored training courses, enabling you to learn and share with peers in an environment which has been carefully considered for your learning.  Each of the following courses costs £155 plus vat including 3 months post-course support from your trainer and are being held at the relaxed and comfortable Toynbee Studios, 28 Commercial Street, London, E1 6AB.

It could be that you need:

o          Support to stay focused on what matters in a digital age.  In which case you need Upgrade yourself! Working Smarter in the Digital Age. Sinead Mac Manus, digital well-being mentor will guide participants through simple strategies to avoid the digital deluge.  Sinead's easy and gentle style will build your confidence in using the right tool for the right job making sure you are using your time and resources in the most effective way.  It's on 12 May at Toynbee Studios, 28 Commercial Street, London, E1 6AB.

o          Volunteer management: Reflecting the community in volunteer diversity is run by John Vincent of The Network on 16 May.  It will help you to attract and retain a wider cross-section of the community in your volunteer base which will be good for your organisation, your community and how your service is perceived and used in the long-term.

o          Guidance on balancing and creating an effective governance structure.  If so, Effective governance: Strategic teamwork for Trustee Boards and Committees is for you.  Lynne Gillett is Creating Capacity's expert trainer on organisational development and board dynamics, so don't miss out on this opportunity get your Board working effectively around your organisations aims and objectives. It's being held on 18 May

o          To spend time thinking about the needs and motivations of the people you manage. Managing People: Practical guidance tailored to middle-managers on 26 May is an ideal solution for those who wish to bring out the best in their staff (and who doesn't!).  Deirdre d’Arcy from Centre 4 Learning brings her people skills to bear in supporting managers in being more effective, taking better decisions and supporting individuals and teams to achieve to their full potential.

o          Harnessing the potential of the digital world: Practical tools for generating income from cultural assets on 27 May.  This is a must for those who need to understand the issues which need to be embraced when considering the monetisation of your assets from business planning to protecting assets from unauthorised use.  Naomi Korn re-joins the Creating Capacity team for this session providing invaluable practical and effective tools.

So don't miss out on these training courses which have been selected on the basis of the requests of users of Creating Capacity in the last 12 months.  Don't forget you can book and pay for all the courses online.  We're also delighted that Renaissance London are again supporting the programme so that a number of free course places are available for every training session.

So go to our newly refreshed website for more information on these and all our courses.  Or call me on 07985 659425 for more information.

Interested but can't spare the time from my museum, library or archive for training?  Then consider our tailored in-house package as a low-cost alternative.  Normally any of our public programmes can be tailored to your own situation - just let us know.

Kind regards,

Lucy Auger

Creating Capacity for Museums, Libraries and Archives
Tel:  079 8565 9425
Email:
Follow us on Twitter: @LearningCC

Web: www.creatingcapacity.org

Learning programmes to develop confidence

and inspire the profession now and for the future

Creating Capacity has a new programme! Have a look at some of the exciting courses we have coming up in May:

05/05 Low cost marketing: Solutions for being effective in challenging times

10/05 Creating a customer-centred service: A practical approach

12/05 Upgrade yourself! Working Smarter in the Digital Age

16/05 Volunteer management: Reflecting the community in volunteer diversity

18/05 Effective governance: Strategic teamwork for Trustee Boards and Committees

And don’t forget that our courses can be adapted for in-house use.  An effective value for money solution to team training in challenging times