Hello

We have had a request from a customer to provide a touch screen computer as part of our public PC provision. The customer has a son with Down syndrome and he has this facility at school which is apparently aiding his development greatly. I have read a few articles that do seem to support this.

I would appreciate knowing what provision public library authorities make other than more mainstream provision for people with disabilities e.g. desking, chairs, Supernova software, large font keypads.....

At present we provide just the above and whilst I am conscious that we have 31 libraries so would need to consider possible multiple provision and if we did provide touch screens we might get requests from other customers asking for different, enhanced provision ......I would like to give this request due consideration.

Any thoughts as well as examples of practice would be welcomed.

I will collate answers and feedback.

Thank you

Christine Dyson

Acting Principal Libraries Officer: Information

Department of Regeneration and Culture – making great places

● Planning, Transportation and Highways

● Housing, Employment and Skills

● Economic Development and Property

● Culture and Tourism

City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council – Floor 8, Central Library, Prince's Way, Bradford BD1 1NN

T     01274 433665

F     01274 395108

E     [log in to unmask]

W    www.bradford.gov.uk

Bradford is the world's first UNESCO City of Film

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential. It is intended solely for the attention of the named addressee(s).

If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to, and must not copy, distribute, use or retain this message or any part of it.

only print emails if required + + + + +