Apologies for cross posting

The Preservation Assessment Survey has been widely used to provide evidence for funding applications, as a planning tool and to support collection management activities such as digitisation projects and collection moves. Do you have plans for similar activities? Or would you like to support existing preservation activities by providing statistical evidence of their value? The Preservation Assessment Survey can be successfully used for all these processes.

There will be a PAS workshops to introduce the methodology on the 15th of June 2011;

London, June 15th http://www.bl.uk/blpac/pasworkshop2.html

There is an update about surveys currently underway in Scotland and the objectives of the co-operative project between the Preservation Advisory Centre, The Scottish Council on Archives and the National Archives of Scotland on our website. Featuring the experiences of those who have recently carried out surveys and an insight into some of their fascinating finds as a result of the process, this article illustrates some of the non-statistical rewards of surveying http://www.bl.uk/blpac/pdf/edinburgh.pdf.

Julia Foster

Preservation Advisory Centre

The British Library

0207 412 7612

Please note I work part-time but am generally in the office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. In my absence please contact John Webster ([log in to unmask])

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BL_PAC

Events: http://www.bl.uk/blpac/events.html

Preserving historic photographs, 20 May, London http://www.bl.uk/blpac/photographic.html

Preservation assessment survey workshop, 15 June, London http://www.bl.uk/blpac/pasworkshop2.html