From: Repositories discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dirk Pieper
Sent: 19 May 2011 09:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: BASE migration finished

Dear all,

the new version of BASE with a Lucene/Solr index and a VuFind interface is now
available, please see:

www.base-search.net

You have now access to more than 28 million documents from 1.788 sources and
we can now refresh the index on a regular basis again.

There is also a  new iPhone-App for BASE available from our website, or at
directly at iTunes.:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id430576014?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

About BASE:

BASE is the name of the multi-disciplinary search engine for academically
relevant OAI-Sources which was created and developed by Bielefeld University
Library.  BASE is one of the biggest OAI-Search-Engines and includes some 28
million documents originating from more than 1.780 repository servers.

Best regards
Dirk

---------
Dirk Pieper
BASE
Bielefeld UL
Universitaetsstrasse 25, D-33615 Bielefeld
fon: +49 (0)521/ 106-4010  fax: -6452
www.ub.uni-bielefeld.de
www.base-search.net