Hi,

You can't directly *register* a statistic image to a structural image.
You can resample a statistic image using a transform derived by
registering a functional image (with grayscale intensities, looking like
a brain) to a structural image.  So if you are trying to do a direct
registration (rather than resampling with a predetermining transformation
matrix) then it will not work.  You must register a functional image to the
structural image, then take the matrix output from this and apply it to the
statistic image.

I can't really help with the initial functional data registration being
"totally off" without some more information.  It is completely normal
for the functional and structural images to have a different number of
slices.  It would be very strange if this was not the case (either a very
high-res functional, or a very low-res structural).  So the problem
must be to do with something else.  Can you give some more information?
If the Field Of View (FOV) is very different between the images then
that can cause problems, as can distortions and signal dropouts that
are common in functional images.  There are different strategies to
try, but we need to know more in order to help.

All the best,
	Mark