Hi all,
Surely the thing about 'Source Code' is that it a wish fulfilment film. The American state can not control terrorism, indeed one might argue that, to a degree, terrorism is exactly that which lies out side of the states hegemony. Because the state cannot control the historical forces it seeks to map terrorism traumatises the illusory sense of invulnerability. These act are often typified as random, a term which exactly attests to the states myopia. 'Source Code' offer a way out of this conundrum by the idea of controlling time, now if only we could control time we would control history. They forget what Jameson says about history, "it hurts". 'Inception' is plugging into the same mind set, to control is the real dream here. Thank god for the unconscious.
Peace
Alan

"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available on its website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "

--
Film-Philosophy
After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to