It is important to be aware of more modern methods of addressing inflation of alpha due to
repeated testing, e.g. the Benjamini-Hochberg's (1995) False Discovery Rate.   Instead of
controlling for the number of tests in the experiment, the FDR controls for the number of
positives given the number of statistical tests performed.  The Type II error rate of FDR is
typically much less than that of the older Bonferroni procedure.   See Rosner's Fundamentals
of Biostatistics
(2006, p. 579)  for an introduction.

Cheers.

-- Mark Johnston, Professor, College of Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.