Sent on behalf of Dan Taubman, Senior National Education Official

Colleagues: I said some time ago I would try to work on a template for use when putting together local Equality Impact Assessments. I drafted something and asked a number of our colleagues to look at it. Those that have got back to me said that they thought it was OK. So it is attached along with the Nottingham Equality Impact Assessment and the results of the AoC survey earlier this year. All of these attachments are meant to be an aid and help in putting together your own local Equality Impact Assessment. Please don’t just  copy them. The Assessments need to be very much based on what the impact of the changes will be on your students, your provision, your locality.

Dan Taubman

UCU Senior National Education Official FE and Lifelong Learning

Carlow St

London N1 7LH

Direct telephone: 0207 756 2591

Mobile: 07977132008

Email: [log in to unmask]

Stay up to date with UCU by signing up to our weekly web update, news feeds, twitter or facebook services: http://www.ucu.org.uk/stayupdated

Want additional support? The College and University Support Network (Recourse) offers UCU members a range of services - from factsheets to counselling. Access these services online http://recourse.org.uk/ or through the 24/7 telephone support line, Freephone 0808 8020304

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]