Dear members

I thought you may be interested in the launch of my new educational resource kit. I would love it if you could let others know about its availability. It is a resource that works well in libraries/schools and universities. If you want more info please email me back and I will get back to you.

I have had a lot of enquiries about how to order the kit and also how to find out more details. I have put the extra details below or you can just return email me if you like. I am just marketing and selling the kit myself so it is a very big process and I would really appreciate any help or ideas anyone can give me about networking with the correct people etc. I am also prepared to come out to schools and show teachers/librarians how the it can be best used so you can let them know if you could.

The direct address to our online shop to buy or order the kit is http://discoveringdisability.weebly.com/

or our website with more details is

www.discoveringdisability.com.au<http://www.discoveringdisability.com.au>

Introducing a Great New Educational Product...

Another Day in the Life of Sharon Boyce - A Person with a Physical Disability - Educational Resource Kit - second edition.

ISBN - 978-0-9581610-4-6

BLURB -A Great new Physical Disability Resource Kit - Another Day in the Life of Sharon Boyce - A person with a Physical Disability (2011). This kit was developed, written and designed by Sharon Boyce an academic based at the University of Southern Queensland in Toowoomba. Sharon is highly physically disabled. She is completing her Doctorate in Inclusion and education and she also runs an educational consultancy promoting inclusion and exploring disability and diversity in our society.

This resource is a first of its kind in Australia. It is a practical guide that covers everything you need to know about physical disability and inclusion in today's world. The Pack includes a DVD of A day in the Life of Sharon Boyce - A person with a Physical Disability. It documents in twenty short chapters the way a person with a physical disability lives their day. How they get up, how they dress, eat, toilet, have fun, work, swim, play and rest. It also has 26 very high quality laminated a4 wall posters depicting the day to day activities and equipment a person with a physical disability uses. It has sections for legislation and for health workers and people who care, work and interact with people with physical disabilities. It also has a teachers or facilitators handbook with tips on how to use the video, pictures and activities and practical teaching ideas and exercises. The kit is aimed at all ages, from early childhood through to older trainers and really anybody who wants to know more about physical disability and how to be inclusive.

This is a first of its kind resource depicting real life experiences. It is a genuine educational tool with special uses in the primary and early childhood areas but is also worthwhile in the secondary and tertiary settings as well. It is also particularly useful in the area of health and nursing and care and disability support workers training.

The video explores how a person with a physical disability and who uses a wheelchair does the everyday things we all do each day of our lives.

*           Getting Up

*           Eating

*           Getting Dressed

*           Moving Around your Home

*           Going to Work

*           Having a Shower

*           Getting into bed

DVD is divided into chapters, which makes it very easy to use for learning as viewing segments of the day are approximately five minutes in length.

The kit contains everyday information about interacting with people with physical disabilities. What are appropriate behaviours, what is the correct language to use, where can you get help and support. What is the current legislation? What transport options do disabled people have? What equipment can be used? Where can I find out more? What are the international perspectives on physical disability and inclusion? What are educational directions about this area? This kit answers all these questions and more.

The teacher's education section contains teachers Notes, details about Disability and Arthritis, details about Sharon's life, how to tips on how to use the chapters and make them relevant to your teaching level and curriculum and Interesting Activities you can try after you have viewed the video.

This kit covers people from all areas of society and aims to bring together a lot of information from a number of different areas and have it arranged in a very clear easy to use and access kit that would work well as a resource in libraries both for the general public and for every area of educators. It is written in a clear, concise manner that will help everybody who wants to make a difference in their world.

The original smaller kit has been ordered and available in a number of school libraries, QLD State library, Department of Education and the Arts QLD and Brisbane Public Libraries

Another Day in the Life of Sharon Boyce - A Person with a physical disability - Educational Resource Kit - $200

Have a look at more detail on the website-

www.discoveringdisability.com.au<http://www.discoveringdisability.com.au>

http://discoveringdisability.weebly.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALAV_QpjZYU

Kind regards

Sharon Boyce

Discovering DisAbility & Diversity

Institute of Inclusive Education and Research

USQ - Toowoomba

0417 708 945

www.discoveringdisability.com.au<http://www.discoveringdisability.com.au>

Winner of the

Australian Human Rights Award for Individuals 2008

This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the
intended recipient(s) only.  If you received this email by mistake,
please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily
reflect those of the University of Southern Queensland.  Although all
reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no
viruses at the time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses
arising from its receipt.

The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of
education with the Australian Government (CRICOS Institution Code No's.
QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M)