HI John,

I'd agree about the aerosols to a point. It's not entirely clear on a large
scale how they may affect cloud formation and knock-on effects (from what I
have seen at least, always happy to be corrected). It's not a permanent or
irrerversible albedo change which reduces concerns.

What we don't know is, borrowing from experience in radiation physics, dose
response. At what levels are there significant positive or negative effects?
Sometimes the only way to test, especially when dose-response is not linear
(e.g. radiation hormesis), is to have experiments comparable in scale as to
the application itself. That's the only way you can find out what damage
might be done. That's a diffcult 'experiment' to sanction.

GCM models at the moment cannot model many aspects of geo-engieering
accurately enough to quanitfy risks or CBAs adequately (in my opinion).