Hi Kirsten,

Hope this finds you well. Although this might not be directly relevant, I've done research on the connections between archaeology, material culture and applied psychoanalysis. This was largely around the issue of large group identity formation. The psychoanalysts I've worked with formed a group at UVA called the Center for Mind and Human Interaction. They've done some excellent work on trauma, displacement, etc. My work was mainly to try to connect the languages of psychoanalysis and archaeology/anthropology around object relations (e.g. Klein's transitional objects & Volkan's linking objects), material culture and identity formation.

Let me know if that interests you.

All the best,

Ian

---------------------
Ian Alden Russell
Fellow in Public Art and Cultural Heritage
John Nicholas Brown Center
Brown University
Box 1880
Providence, RI   02912