I fixed this problem by making a symbolic link from libcrypto.so.0.9.8e to libcrypto.so.0.9.8
ditto with libssl

If that helps..

David N. M. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor,
Dept. of Pharmacology,
University of Colorado School of Medicine
Tel.    (303) 724-3600
http://pharmacology.ucdenver.edu/faculty/jones

On May 17, 2011, at 5:52 AM, Christoph Brockmann wrote:

On 05/17/2011 01:33 PM, Wayne Boucher wrote:
Oh, I forgot, the Python code itself swallows the real error message
(!). (That was one reason we couldn't report the real error message in
Analysis, because we ourselves do not get it.)  So possibly the
following will really trigger it:

import _hashlib

Wayne

Getting the following there:

import _hashlib
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

which is kindof true because my library is really called libcrypto.so.0.9.8e

Christoph