Jason,
How does the diffraction pattern look?
Do you see multiple lattices or split spots?

It seems to me that XDS isn't able to index it (correctly) possibly because
of these things.

It's always worth it to manually page through your images just to confirm.
I've personally seen people just use XDS and assume everything went well,
and run into similar problems.

Kelly

Kelly Daughtry, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Raetz Lab