Thank you everyone for your ideas.  I have shown my diffraction images to a few different people and they think there is some pathology with my crystals - possibly with a very long cell axis in one direction - so I will be testing some more and hopefully finding one that works better, and sending some on a synchrotron trip.

I think I will also sacrifice a crystal or two to dissolve and check that I have crystallised the protein I'm working with.

Cheers,

Jason.

--
Jason Busby