Hello all:
I am trying to generate a cif file for a new ligand using PRODRG server. The server generates cif file without any problem. The problem comes when I try to load the cif file in Coot and try to model the ligand into the electron density.
It gives an error message like this..
Failed to match (to the dictionary) the following model atom names:
XXX
"Cl38" "Cl39"

That would cause exploding atoms, so the refinement didn't start

This problem never occurred to me before whenever I generate new cif files. The ligand has two chlorine atoms. I tried to give different three letter codes for the ligand assuming the three letter code I gave may already be in the dictionary and that is why it is giving me the error message. I get the same message irrespective of changing the three letter code.

I also tried generating a cif file by running it through Refmac5 (the job fails and gives me a cif file which I used in Coot) and again I ended up with the same message.

Does anyone know what's happening?
Thanks and have a nice day,
Madhavi