    There has been a serious problem in Refmac which apparently Garib
has fixed in this new release.  When calculating structure factors
for models in space group P1 Refmac would "lose" some of the atoms.

    I first ran into the problem by looking at the Electron Density
Server map for entry 3LEN.  If you pull up that model and map in Coot
and go to the highest peak you will see a 44 sigma (ugh! substitute
"rms") peak centered on a sulfur atom that is clearly present in the
PDB.  Looking in the neighborhood you will see that other atoms have
been lost as well.  In fact you can line them up and see that all
atoms with Z between about -2.3 and -2.7 A are gone.

    This was not some obscure problem, nearly every model with space
group P1 shows the same problem in the EDS maps.  You can pull up
the map for 2XU1 and it shows the same problem - even the same Z
value band is affected.

    Many of these P1 models are flagged in the EDS as having R values
that are not reproducible.  I guess if you leave out enough atoms
you can cause the R value to degrade.

    The EDS uses Refmac to calculate the structure factors and Fourier
coefficients.  I've ran Refmac alone and reproduced this problem.

    If you have refined a model with space group P1 in Refmac I suggest
you download the new version and see if your stats improve.

Dale Tronrud