This is quite funny because if you look at the list of poets in the
anthology you can see why it's called Smartass and you can see why
they are all blokes - so I think Rupert is being slightly disingenuous
- 'all male by default', yes, certainly, but because of the
conditional nature of that 'default'. I know that a couple of the
contributers, at least, don't like the title and don't like the fact
of it being all male.

Anyway, good luck with the anthology Alec.

Cheers

Tim A.