Rupert-Sounds great wish I could make it will there be pictures on line
-your blog?-I love skips a constant source of joy-skipping!?

From: British & Irish poets [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Rupert Mallin
Sent: 15 May 2011 20:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Out of the Machine - the poet's nightmare?

Hi

Over the following three weekends (May 20 to June 5) my Norwich studio is
open to visitors 10am to 5pm as part of the Norfolk & Norwich Festival Open
Studios and is situated close to the city centre - Studio 15B, Fitt Signs +
Graphics factory, 60-62 Pitt Street, Norwich NR2 3AD.

I am launching my 'Out of the Machine' visuals, objects and texts in boxes -
over 400 pocket sized boxes created in the last three months.

Each box is original in every respect. I suspect it is the poet's nightmare
because each text is a one-off too!

Though my interventions in each box are 'original,' they hinge around the
salvaged, recycled and found materials I use - the debris from 'house
clearance.' House clearance happens for three reasons usually: death,
divorce and financial disaster - the 3D's. Some of this, life's recent
history and personal drama, is reflected in my work.

However, humour is abundant!

I'm beginning to 'blog' this exhibition at www.mallin.blogspot.com

All best wishes, Rupert Mallin