Jamie

I'm not 'looking at the social origins of poets and critics'. The problem
isn't simply prejudice either, it's the inflation of class-specific values
into 'universals'. The A.C.E report too *seems* to be both protesting a
'value-free' approach while presenting something that is 'loaded'. I still
haven't had time to absorb it fully, I have a decorater's ladder over my
head as I write :) , but those sections I have looked at with some care have
agitated a little flutter or two  (I smile again, though perhaps with a hint
of a forced grin).