Dear all,

At the moment we are looking into ways of dealing with digital video in our collections stored on optical media (including blu-ray and DVDs). We are looking at tools for ripping to a specified format and are considering lossless JPEG 2000 as a possible preservation format. As far as it is feasible we have a preference for software that is open source and free.

If anyone reading this has experience in this area, we would be really interested to hear about what software they are using and what their chosen formats are.

Thanks and best wishes,

Emma

Emma Hancox

Graduate Trainee, futureArch project (BEAM)

Bodleain Library

Project Blog: http://futurearchives.blogspot.com

Address: Bodleian Libraries, Osney One, Osney Mead,

              Oxford, OX2 OEW