Ellie,
I'm interested in this as we have been advised that such a policy would
potentially constitute a contract of employment. So any benefits such as
travel expenses, shop discounts, refreshments etc. should be offered to
all volunteers or none of them. But can't be dependent on things like
length of service or number of hours worked. Although such things can be
recognised in other ways e.g. with gifts, certificates and events.

I've posted this to the list because I'd be interested to see if anyone
else has been told this or whether we're out of step.

Jenny Moran
Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland