From: Academic, financial or space planning in UK universities [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pace, Loraine
Sent: 03, May, 2011 10:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Business Intelligence Workshop Birmingham 19 May

FYI

Loraine Pace
Strategic Planning and Change Unit
Durham University
University Office
Old Elvet
Durham DH1 3HP

Telephone 0191 3346883
E-mail [log in to unmask]

For information about SPCU and our values see: www.dur.ac.uk/spcu

-----Original Message-----
From: Academic, financial or space planning in UK universities [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lucy Hodson
Sent: 29 April 2011 15:16
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear planners

A Workshop on BI is being held on 19 May 2011 in Birmingham, open to all (see below).

But first, a very quick update on what's happening in the National Planners Group:   the Exec Committee will be meeting soon to take forward a lot of very helpful suggestions about how we can best develop to  support the HE planning community, at all levels,  at this transformational time. We will be considering the constructive and enthusiastic feedback received at the NPG Launch Event at the AUA Planning Forum in February.

One of the things we plan to do is run regular workshops and training for planners at all levels - and we already have something planned VERY SOON.

Paul Marshall and JISC have got together to organise a workshop on Business Intelligence  in Birmingham on 19 May.      This has been advertised via the AUA Professional Development Bulletin, but as the booking arrangements have unfortunately not worked smoothly, people may have missed this!

This interactive workshop is designed to support the growing requirement for business intelligence rather than management information or data within Higher Education Institutions. Whilst of most relevance to the Higher Education planning community, it will be accessible to all who have an interest in business intelligence or wish to understand more about the rapidly growing agenda.

The structure of the workshop will take participants from an introduction to business intelligence, through case studies of how quantitative business intelligence and horizon scanning can and have been used by HEIs to support decision making and influencing national HE agendas, and ending with sessions on the two major recent national developments in this area: HESA's benchmarking project; and JISC's strategic information project.

Places have already been booked, but I understand that there are still places available:   please email Laura Ashcroft (AUA)  directly to book  a place; she will be able to book you or other staff members (why not ask someone from outside the planning department.....)   on the workshop and give you venue details:   [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,

Lucy Hodson
Chair, National Planners Group