Dear All

We have had a query today from a member of staff who wears hearing aids, who is claiming that as staff can obtain eye care vouchers to assist with the cost of eye tests and spectacles, he too should receive assistance with the cost of his hearing aids.

Given that eye care vouchers are only available to staff who are designated users of Display Screen Equipment for their work and given that Access to Work assistance is now only available after the employer pays the first £1000 I am doubtful that there is any financial assistance he can obtain but I just wondered if anyone was aware of anything?

Thanks

Kathryn Fagan

HR Manager – Development, Diversity and Reward

HRM Services

University of Chester

“Working in partnership, making a difference”