From: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jonathan Middle
Sent: 09 May 2011 14:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: End of dual reporting of HbA1c

Hi again

At that time we were just changing the concentration units.

The situation with HbA1c is different - we are changing the whole basis of standardisation from calibration by correlation with a non-specific 'designated comparison method', to calibration using a highly specific reference measurement system with a full traceability chain.

I believe that the importance of this and the potential for generating new knowledge that it generates has not been properly communicated to users

Regards

Jonathan Middle.