This might be of interest to religious scholars based in the UK ...

Foundations for the Future: Subject Centre for Philosophical and Religious Studies annual conference 2011

University of Greenwich, London, July 13-14 2011

Keynote Speakers: Baroness Mary Warnock and Dr Adam Dinham

The Subject Centre for Philosophical and Religious Studies (PRS) invites you to attend our annual conference. It will bring together colleagues in Philosophy, Theology, Religious Studies, History and Philosophy of Science, Technology and Medicine (HPSTM), Biblical Studies and Educational Development, providing an opportunity to explore the diverse approaches and challenges in these areas, and to share a range of effective learning and teaching practices.

The Subject Centre for PRS has worked with colleagues in departments throughout the UK and internationally for more than a decade to build a strong community committed to the enhancement of learning and teaching in our disciplines.  In addition to inviting new perspectives in learning and teaching in our disciplines, this conference will draw together the range of work that we have undertaken and supported over the past 10 years; the wealth of knowledge and expertise that exists in learning and teaching across our disciplines; and the difference this work has made to the learning experience of students in theology, religious studies, philosophy and HPSTM across the UK. It will celebrate good teaching in our subjects, and the many successes of the Subject Centre for PRS working in collaboration with our academic communities.  It will also provide a forum to discuss the future of philosophical and religious studies education in these difficult times for UK higher education. Conference topics include e-learning, employability, interdisciplinarity, techniques for seminar teaching and encouraging deep learning.

The full conference programme, including session abstracts, is available on our website: http://prs.heacademy.ac.uk/view.html/prsevents/482.

The full conference rate, including one night’s accommodation and conference dinner, is discounted to £90 for those working in UK higher education. Additional subsidies are available for students, with day rates starting from £20.

There will be a poster display area. If you would like to submit a poster relating to your work on learning and teaching, please email [log in to unmask].

Deadline for poster proposals: June 20th

Deadline for registration: June 27th

For more details, or to register, visit: http://prs.heacademy.ac.uk/view.html/prsevents/482

Dr Rebecca O'Loughlin

Academic Coordinator (Theology)

Subject Centre for Philosophical and Religious Studies
Department of Theology and Religious Studies
University of Leeds
LS2 9JT
UK

Tel: +44 (0)113 343 1166