This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. ---------------
Hi all

A friend who is a trustee of a museum in a historic building has asked me about heritage-style showcases. To go in a period interior, they want something that looks like a traditional wooden desk case, but is suitable for high-value contents i.e. construction, frames, glazing etc. that meets current security standards. I have a feeling I've seen some 'heritage' looking but clearly high quality cases (not refitted - maybe wood cladding over a steel frame?) somewhere - maybe a historic house or similar. Can anyone suggest any manufacturers?

Thanks and regards

Jack

Jack Kirby
Collections Interpretation Manager
Thinktank, Birmingham science museum

e: [log in to unmask]
w: http://www.thinktank.ac/
w: http://www.birminghamstories.co.uk/
t: +44 (0) 121 202 2279
f: +44 (0) 121 202 2337
Thinktank 10th Birthday 2011

Disclaimer

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may
not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately at the below address. Thinktank / Millennium Point
cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or
completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a
public network. If you suspect that the message may have been
intercepted or amended, please contact the sender.

Address and Registered Office

Thinktank Trust
Millennium Point
Curzon Street, Birmingham, B4 7XG
Registered Charity Number 1061898
Registered Company Number 03239119

Millennium Point Trust
Millennium Point
Curzon Street, Birmingham, B4 7XG
Registered Charity Number 1059451
Registered Company Number 03227575
AV Scanning - Confirmed Clean {Disclaimer REF #10495346792~}

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST