Question for the l-ful palm/balm speakers: do you also pronounce the /l/ in walk, talk, folk, etc? An l-ful palm/balm doesn't seem too odd to me (in fact I'm pretty sure I can pronounce those words either way--Northern Virginia native), but I have a colleague from North Carolina with l-ful walk, talk, folk (like Rebecca's) and that sounded really foreign to me the first time I heard it.

Katie Carmichael