Which version of SPM8 are you using?  Some random numbers are used to
initialise various parameters, and there was an update in revision
3687 to include "randn('state',0)", in addition to the existing
"rand('state',0)".  If you update to the latest version, the same
random numbers should be used to initialise each time.

Note also that if you run MATLAB on multiple cores, you can not expect
exactly identical answers each time.  For example, try:

x=(randn([1000000,1],'single'));
s1=sum(x);
s2=sum(x);
s1-s2

I don't think this is what you are experiencing though.

Best regards,
-John