Thank you for the advice. One detail - we have a GE  3T scanner. Any suggestions for signal correction in the GE scanner ??
Sincerely
Ivanka Savic

Från: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [[log in to unmask]] för edson amaro junior [[log in to unmask]]
Skickat: den 27 april 2011 12:17
Till: [log in to unmask]
Ämne: Re: [SPM] Intensity inhomogeneity correction

Dear Emilia,

A few tips:

1) make sure subject head is positioned centrally in the coil volume: this can be done with the help of cushions and head support - and those have to be adapted to each head
2) use the homogeneity correction provided by Siemens "prescan normalize": signal correction using body coil (B1-correction calibration) is also quite useful
3) all post processing software can be helpful (i.e. SPM, "N3m"), but there will be a SNR/CNR penalty: it is always better to get the data using the best settings for your system

See you,

edson