How to do the correlation analysis between the signal change of a ROI and some behavioral data?

Hi, everyone

    I meet a difficult problem. I analyzed the FMRI data with SPM8. I got the significant different brain region between two conditions (e.g. con1-con2). Then I want to use these regions as ROIs to analyze the relation between the signal change and some behavioral data (performance). However, I wonder whether it is right to choose the con_file or spmT_file of the individual to extract the signal change information. Can somebody tell me the right method? I appreciate you for useful help, especially if you tell me why.

Yours, sincerely

Li