Dear Daniel,

as mentioned by Raphael, the change in the order of the columns of the
design matrix is expected and has, by itself, no impact in the
inference, provided that your re-order your contrasts accordingly.
However you might also get a difference in non-sphericity estimation
(because a different set of voxels will be selected) and consequently
different results - I would consider r4290 to be more accurate. On the
design matrices you sent, the effect of the whitening seems to be
similar and I wouldn't expect large differences between the two versions.
It is possible to use SPM.mat files specified/estimated from r4010 in r4290.

Best regards,
Guillaume.

--
Guillaume Flandin, PhD