Lorelei,

A couple of quick points:
(1) The likely cause of the error is that there is no data at this location.
Check the mask.img file to see where you have data.

(2) If your doing a PPI analysis, I'd recommend switching to the generalized
form of PPI (gPPI; http://brainmap.wisc.edu) which will do the VOI
extraction and PPI model estimation in a single step. All you need is a VOI
file (either mat or .img or .nii). These can be generated with SPM in a
variety of ways. If you want a sphere, then I can send some code when I'm at
my desk. If you want some other shape, sphere, or cluster, you can have
matlab create a mat structure with the VOI button and then use that in the
analysis. The only caveat is that the same voxels will be used in all
subjects, which some people have disagreed with.

(3) If you want a more generalizable extraction, or want to extract several
VOI at the same time, you use my VOI tools (
http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren/ftp/Utilities_DGM). The tools will produce
the same results as you have with the exception that they are not adjusted
for the contrast that you select.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about these
tools.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School