From: Lawrence Serewicz [log in to unmask]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:00:28 +0100
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Retention Guidelines Town and Country Planning Act 1947 recent
Ombudsman ruling on destruction of statutory planning documents

Dear All,
I saw this news story and it mentions that planning applications need to be
retained indefinitely based upon the Town and Country Planning Act 1947.  I
cannot find a reference to this requirement or a copy of this Act.  Does
anyone have a copy of this Act as well as any guidance on the retention
period?

http://www.localgovernmentlawyer.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=art
icle&id=6431%3Algo-slams-council-for-qinexcusableq-destruction-of-statutory-
planning-records&catid=63%3Aplanning-articles&q=&Itemid=31
LGO slams council for "inexcusable" destruction of statutory planning
records

Tuesday, 26 April 2011

The Local Government Ombudsman has criticised a local authority for an
"extraordinary and inexcusable" act of maladministration after it wrongly
destroyed a range of statutory planning records.

Thanks

Lawrence

Principal Information Management Officer
Durham County Council
Room 4/140
County Hall
County Durham
DH1 5UF

0191-372-8371
VPN 7777 8371

________________________________

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely
necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the
information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email
by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and
then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes
reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However,
we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of
viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus
checking procedures.

To view the list archives go to:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK
To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask]
with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK

For any content based queries, please email