Hello all,

I represent a company that is looking to digitize its client files.  We have approximately 14k analog records, and we intend to convert them all to digital, with a flatbed scanner.  All of the records are simple text documents - black and white, no images.

Has anyone undertaken a similar task?  We are uncertain of the resources required: how long a project like this would take (it is likely that one employee will be tasked with the project), how large a server will be necessary, how frequently files will need to be converted/migrated, etc.  Any recommendations for appropriate software?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, as no one in the office has undertaken a task of this size before.

Thanks,
Stacey Kerfoot
For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]