Posted on behalf of Sue White, Director of Computing & Library Services; with apologies for cross-posting.  This post will be advertised in next week’s ARC recruitment.

University Archivist & Records Manager, University of Huddersfield

£36,121 - £45,758

Maternity cover for 9 months Ref: 5685

We provide an exciting, stimulating place to learn and work.  Our standards of academic achievement are high, our environment is inspiring and we embrace innovation in all that we do. And with exceptional opportunities for staff development, our students are not the only ones who thrive here.

We are seeking to recruit an Archivist and Records Manager to contribute to the further development of the Archives & Special Collections and

Records Management Services. Duties will include day-to-day care and management of the archival & special collections, the implementation of Calm Archives management system, project management and contributing to the ongoing implementation of the University’s Electronic Document and Records Management System.

The post will provide opportunities to gain experience in strategic and operational aspects of service delivery.

Managing a small team you will have a postgraduate qualification in archives and records management, and be able to work on your own initiative with a range of stakeholders. With significant experience in IT and database use you will be able to communicate, negotiate and persuade effectively.

For further details and an application form visit www.hud.ac.uk/jobs

Alternatively contact the Personnel Office on 01484 472845.

Closing date: 19 April 2011

Interview date: 13 May 2011

M Sarah Wickham, MA, MA, Registered Practitioner
University Archivist & Records Manager
University of Huddersfield

+44 (0)1484 473 935
Web: http://www.hud.ac.uk/cls/archives

http://www.hud.ac.uk/cls/recordsmanagement/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/msarahwickham
Twitter @msarahwickham

---
For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]