I read something recently on geocaching and they recommended sandwich boxes (the one with the clip edges and built-in seal) as containers.

Also, if you laminate a QR code for water proofing, don't then pierce the laminate through paper to attach it! When you laminate, leave a couple of inches overhang an use the overhang for attachment, ensuring the waterproofing of the sign.

Might also be a good idea to include organisation name and contact details on each one in case someone wants to talk to you about them?

Sent from my iPhone