!!!!
"Hello Operator, Give me..."
--- On Sat, 4/16/11, Halvard Johnson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Halvard Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Calls Not Completed as Dialed
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 2:32 PM

Calls Not Completed as Dialed

1)  Not a Working Number

The number you have dialed may have (a) gone
fishing; (b) suffered cardiac arrest and been taken
to the repair shop; (c) been taken hostage, held
for random by Somali pirates; (d) declined to answer
on the basis of 1st and 5th Amendment rights.

2)  Caller Eye D

Four-eyes awakens before dawn, releases new data
to assembled cats and dogs. Hidden assets revealed
as fraudulent declarations. Still worth investigating,
however.

Four-eyes D clears the mist from its eyes, pursues
a vigorous strategy of non-intervention. Windows
akimbo, rises to the occasion. Takes the bait.

3)  Please Hang Up and Try Again

Don’t leave your wife or mother twisting
in the wind, replace the receiver in its cradle
thereby depressing those two buttons
that close the line. Then lift it up, and try again.

4)  Unlisted Numbers

Often they’re odd, and often they’re
even, but even so they’re on nobody’s list
unless it’s one of those lists polizei use
to trace numbers scrawled on matchbook
covers or scrawled in blood on some
wall in an alley behind some dive you’d
never be caught dead in or alive.

5)  Messages Left After the Tone

Will be answered in the order in which
they were received, and never in reverse order,
so be sure that, if you’re having a real emergency,
you get your call in early. Either that
or call early and often.

But if you know the number of the extension
you want, dial that now and, chances are,
someone may or may not be on hand
to reply.

6)  Returning Your Call

You left me a message to call the other day
but the other day came and went without my having
time to return your call, which I’m doing now,
despite the tone of urgency in your voice,
which, for a moment, disturbed me.

7)  On Hold

Our lines are unusually busy today, and we’re sorry
to have to put you on hold. If your call is urgent
please select Chopin’s Minute Waltz from the list
you are given to choose from. If your call is less
pressing choose, perhaps, something by Wagner or
maybe Morton Feldman. Then settle in for a listen.
Your responses times may, of course, vary.

"is there enough silence here for a glass of water"
                   --David Antin

Hal

Halvard Johnson
================

http://sites.google.com/site/halvardjohnson/Home
http://entropyandme.blogspot.com
http://imageswithoutwords.blogspot.com
http://www.hamiltonstone.org
<http://www.hamiltonstone.org/>
http://sites.google.com/site/vidalocabooks/home
<http://www.hamiltonstone.org/>
*Mainly Black<https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1i_JGJ_FqQldEnUq7cwjV8giYykz_tsGbTkC2EkAP3IM&hl=en&pli=1#>
, **Obras Públicas<https://sites.google.com/site/vidalocabooks/halvard-johnson-obras-publicas>
; **The Perfection of Mozart's Third Eye and Other
Sonnets<http://www.scribd.com/doc/27039868/Halvard-Johnson-THE-PERFECTION-OF-MOZART-S-THIRD-EYE-Other-Sonnets>
;*
*Organ Harvest with Entrance of
Clones<http://www.amazon.com/Harvest-Entrance-Clones-Halvard-Johnson/dp/0965404390/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283182804&sr=8-1>