Curious matter.
My favourite pub name is The Silent Woman with the pic of a beheaded woman.

The guy who was my first-year English tutor at Auckland Univ in 1955 became
a friend, Bill Pearson.
He lived an unusual life, and his biographer found that when he was at
London Univ early 50s, his landlady was a portrait painter with a sideline
as a pub sign painter.
Bill's face ended up outside - I forget which pub, with what name...
Shall find out and send you there, Patrick.

Best from Max