Dear Colleagues,

I am sharing with you information about an exciting new graduate
program in Transportation Design at Hong Kong Polytechnic
University. Please draw this to the attention of those who may be
interested.

Yours,

Ken Friedman

--

Please take a moment to pass this news on to someone who might
be interested in a unique graduate transportation design program we have

The attachment provides greater detail as to what we are offering but
briefly we have created a program, at the graduate education level that
focuses on transportation issues in China and the emerging economies of
Asia.

Students will be tasked to anticipate the implications of trends and
issues with regard to the practice of Transportation Design in the
future and come to understand how they as designers will contribute to
the design of mobility solutions.

They will become familiar with the companies and the people that are
contributing to transportation solutions in the fastest growing economy
in the world. Employment opportunities are plentiful and this program
will aid  the graduate in finding their place in the region- or simply
contribute to the practicing designers knowledge and bring a new
awareness back to their company that is seeking a part of this rapidly
developing market.

Recent graduates of undergraduate programs with a strong skillset in
transportation design, transportation designers seeking a new career
direction or employees of companies with a presence in China will
benefit from perhaps the worlds only masters degree/ transportation
design program focusing on China.

Please direct any inquiries to Prof. Martin Smith: [log in to unmask]

Martin Smith
Chair Professor of Industrial Design
Discipline Leader- Industrial and Product Design
Chief Advisor- e-motive Mobility
School of Design
Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Hung Hom, Kowloon Hong Kong