Andrew,

A third possibility here is the cross-over from design research to business and management is still too new for the policies to have caught up. Policy tends to trail practice. I'm don't mean to be pedantic, but this is a common problem these days as universities and their means of ranking and promotion are simply far behind the practices of academics as they seek to get ideas "out there" in new forms and for new audiences.

Unfortunately, this neither answers your question nor offers much hope. It does, however, suggest an imperative for those in positions to help us all align policy to practice (by linking indexes, getting journals on lists, expanding the remits of journals, changing departmental criteria, etc.)

cheers,

derek

_________________
Dr. Derek B. Miller
Director

The Policy Lab
321 Columbus Ave.
Seventh Floor of the Electric Carriage House
Boston, MA 02116
United States of America

Phone
+1 617 440 4409