>A lot of OERs that we publish are sets of presentations provided as lecture notes for a course. I certainly appreciate the need for more interactive OERs.
>Perhaps I'm missing your point. In which case, my apologies.

I wasn't thinking primarily about interactivity, but HTML5 would be suitable for this.

My point is that if the OER is in the form of a web page written in html5 then it potentially makes reuse easier. As I see it an OER should be a resource that can be found, organised, updated and reused easily. Maybe the biggest factor is the updating, e.g., an OER about current affairs.

If a member of staff wishes to make presentation slides / notes from these then that should be straight forward. (I think an OER shouldn’t have to be in a form that is used straight away in a classroom).

These might be of interest

http://richard.milewski.org/archives/804

http://jasonlbaptiste.com/featured-articles/9-reasons-why-the-killer-tablet-app-is-the-browser/