>> 1. Analysis of Learning Resource Metadata Records
>
> I too was hoping to be surprised by an interesting project. But in my mind I
> was picturing something akin to what Norm Friessen did in his studies for
> CanCore. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to see much new...most people use
> title and description, very few of the other fields get used whether they be
> DC or LOM.

Somewhere in the RSS harvest jisc mail list is a spreadsheet made by
me which lists how often each node appears in the metadata records for
the 11,000 feeds Xpert takes in. I can't get to the list anymore but
someone should be able to, and see if the file is still around.

It is an awful lot more than title and description. Well, if you
ignore the fact the only thing you can describe in seven letters is
British women.