Building a bit on what Dan said...

For:
1. Analysis of Learning Resource Metadata Records

I too was hoping to be surprised by an interesting project. But in my mind I was picturing something akin to what Norm Friessen did in his studies for CanCore. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to see much new...most people use title and description, very few of the other fields get used whether they be DC or LOM.

So, if someone proposed an analysis, and we got similar results to what's already been done, where would we be?

But I think one of the points of the call was to encourage someone to really think outside the box. So I had a hope to see something interesting

2.  Search Log Analysis

I too am interested in Search Log analysis, but I don't have access to the technical expertise right now to do much about it for the sums involved.

For example, I could get all of MIT OCW's logs--but then I'd need to process hundreds of gigabytes if not terabytes of data. Yes, we could do a pilot on a month's worth of data. In fact we've discussed that internally, but I haven't had the chance to write up anything around it.

Brandon