On 06/04/2011 14:37, Robert Robertson wrote:

> Project 1
>
> As I understand the text of the call it's agnostic as to how the
> analysis is primarily carried out. The balance of human/ machine
> effort and the chosen approach is up to the bidder.

Just one thing to add: the blog post from Lorna(*) that the call for
bids links to describes textual analysis through "a semantic analysis
tool such as Open Calais <http://www.opencalais.com/>".  But we don't
want to pre-judge proposals based on our preconceptions of how they
might work.

With regards to Pat's comment about collection managers being
constrained by what their system can do (and with the same caveat about
pre-judging) I would hope that if someone thinks that suitability for
mobile devices is important then they would mention it in the
description field and so it would be picked up by free text analysis.

Phil.

(* See http://blogs.cetis.ac.uk/lmc/2010/10/29/cetiswmd-activites/ )

--

Please note new email address: [log in to unmask]

registered under charity number SC000278.