From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mountain, Jane
Sent: 06 April 2011 13:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Diabetes & Equality Act

Dear list

I know this question seems obvious but I would appreciate some advice.

We are going through difficult times here with the closure of the site. I am seeing a steady increase of stress & anxiety amongst many of our employees. If someone suffers with ID diabetes and stress is exacerbating their condition hence they become unstable, then would the fact that they have diabetes mean that they would fall under the Equality Act?

I feel that I should know this – but?

Thanks for all your help

Kind Regards

Jane

This email has been processed by the Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust email gateway.
Any executable files or known viruses have been removed.
If this message has been sent to you in error please securely discard the email, notify the sender and do not open any attachments or act on the contents.
This email may be subject to the Data Protection Act 1998, the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and other relevant acts and regulations. Unless the contents are clinically confidential or otherwise exempt they may be subject to disclosure.
We do not accept or send emails larger than 10MB.
For more information contact the IT Department, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust on +44 1268 82 19 19