In the days (0ver a decade ago)  when I worked for a provider I was part of a pilot study commissioned by a government dept. The remit was to look at what on site OH in 7 sites could do to address 3 issues,

reducing sickness absence
implement an occupational vaccination service
assist with ensuring legislative compliance

The various sites had an OHA assigned to them for 2 days a week for 12 months. A big ask, some might say - to achieve such lofty ideals on 2 days a week.

Not a surprise but sad to say that not all sites were that successful at the end of the 12 months for a variety of reasons, but some were highly successful. My personal view was that the brief was too broad and largely depended on the skills/experience of the OHA rather than a clear strategic direction on behalf of both the provider and the commissioner.

Roll on 10 years and now this govt dept has a contract with a major provider to put an OHA in each of their sites to address basically the same issues, time spent on site varies from 2 days per week to maybe once a fortnight dependant on the number of employees. We shall wait and see how successful this is.

On a slightly different tangent (but IMHO there is a link) I attended a business seminar recently and one of the speakers was a marketing and business guru - she was very adamant that many people try to be "Jacks of all trades" and spread themselves too thinly, therefore overall quality of the product/service suffers as you can only achieve a medium/mediocre level, rather than delivering a streamlined body of excellent products/services to a target customer base. She argued that in this way yoiur business will  thus stand out in an already overcrowded marketplace.

Food for thought?