My observations of the flu season and why clinical staff dont take up the vaccine are
1.  They think its a ploy by management so they dont become sick, they would rather have the flu than help management
2.  It 's suprising how many staff actually DONT KNOW how vaccines work  (the amount of time i've had to tell staff how vaccines work and the difference between live and dead vaccines.
3.  They honestly dont think by them having the vaccine they are protecting their patients
4.  It's only when the media whisk up a frenzy and tell us that were all doomed and going to die that they then demand the vaccine. (This happened flu season just gone)  In Sept/Oct/Nov couldnt give the vaccine away if we tried, once the media started reporting on people dying did they all start coming forward
5. And not forgetting the scared of needles, didnt like the side effects etc.

I think we need some professional advertising group like Saatchi & Saatchi to run the NHS campaign, not like last seasons, LEGO men, that was awful.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: