Dear All,

FYI I am currently putting together wiki, to collaboratively and
constructively respond to what has happened.  Had a few false starts
with the install but should have it up by tomorrow so I will share the
address with you then and you will be able to make an account to begin
editing and putting together both an open letter and also take some of
the conversations that have come forward and develop a framework for
digital arts policy that we could present to the arts council.  Either
way it will be a constructive exercise.

Best

Mat

On 1 Apr 2011, at 17:36, kwatson wrote:

> In case you didn't follow the blog yesterday on the Guardian Website
> with Alan Davey CE, ACE.
>
> This is what he had to say on Digital media Provision:
>
> "I don't believe we have 'decimated' digital media provision. We are
> supporting a huge range of organisations who focus on media arts and
> digital work - AV Festival, Watershed, Lighthouse, FACT, to name a
> few. Outside the portfolio, we announced a couple of weeks ago a
> partnership with the BBC that looks at building digital capacity
> across the arts sector. In respect of the organisations you mention,
> we had to make some extremely difficult decisions and many strong
> applications have had to be turned down. 2011-12 is a transitional
> year for Artsway and others and we'll work with them to explore
> other funding options available to them, such as Grant for the
> arts."   Alan Davey
>
> regards
> Keith Watson

Mat Trivett