Dear Mark

Thanks for bringing it to the attention of all of us. I am not sure they can make any changes to a primary legislation  with out full parliamentary scrutiny. Perhaps a Parliamentarian or a Constitutional Lawyer in the net work should inform us all.

BW

Anil

It appears to me to be knee jerk reaction by an administration which is failing the country on multiple fronts particularly on economy and health ( look at shambolic health reforms)

Tell us what you think should happen to this Act and why, being specific where possible:

    * Should they be scrapped altogether?

Not at all, rather the Equality Act should be further strengthened

    * Can they be merged with existing regulations?

No we need to keep this as a specific primary legislation

    * Can we simplify them – or reduce the bureaucracy associated with them?

The Act is very clear and and if principles of equality are followed then there is no red tape.

    * Have you got any ideas to make these regulations better?

We should strengthened the Act on the bases of developing Case law to further ensure  that all citizens are treated equally

    * Do you think they should be left as they are?

Periodic Amendments to strengthened on the basis of developing case law.

Prof Anil Jain  MB BS, MD, FRCR, PG Dip (Medical Law)
Consultant Radiologist
Dept of Radiology and The Nightingale Centre & Genesis Prevention Centre
University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust
Southmoor Road
Wythenshawe
M23 9LT

Tel:  +44(0)161-291-4475
Fax: +44(0)161-291-6201
Mobile: 07711919881
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Disclaimer:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage,
disclosure, copying or any other action taken in respect of this e-mail
is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply
function and then permanently delete what you have received.